When it comes to playing golf, there are plenty of things you will need to invest in, ranging from tees to one of the best golf bags on the market. However, with so many choices facing you when you go to shop, it might be difficult to determine the good from the exceptional.
With the help of these reviews, you will be well on your way to understanding what type of bag is the best choice for your budget, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Top Golf Bags Comparison Chart
Best Golf Bag Reviews
1. Best Golf Bag for Beginners - TaylorMade Golf 2017 TM
The TaylorMade Golf 2017™ is one of the top-tier golf bag models you can get your hands on. It’s designed to be incredibly simple, especially when compared to heftier bags. With more than enough storage for all your accessories and a modern appearance. It will quickly become a standout among other bags on the links.
There are several great features of the TaylorMade Golf 2017™ including:
- 5-way organization: Designed to keep your clubs in the best condition possible. The five-way organization divider is essential for preventing damage to your irons.
- 6 storage pockets: For even more convenient storage options. The integrated six pockets are great for storing your tees, balls, and any other small accessories that you might like to keep on hand.
- Valuable's pouch: It’s rare to head out on a game of golf without your phone your keys or other valuables. Which is why you will appreciate the velour-lined valuable's pouch in this bag, which is specially designed for your high-value items.
- Comfort strap system: Intended to make carrying your bag even more comfortable. The shoulder strap system is essential for limiting the amount of weight you have to carry.
- Rain hood and umbrella sleeve: Predicting the weather is relatively impossible. For this reason, the combination of the rain hood and umbrella sleeve in this golf bag can help protect your clubs from the harsh elements.
What's to like about the TaylorMade Golf 2017 TM
You are sure to appreciate plenty of things about this golf bag. The best are listed below.
- Ideal for beginners: When you head to the course you’re going to want to limit the number of items you take with you. Which is what makes this bag the right choice. This bag has the ideal amount of storage which can help you keep your bag more organized.
- Lightweight: In comparison to other carry bags, the bag itself is far less heavy. Making this bag perfect for people who have back problems and don't like the extra weight on top of their clubs.
- High-quality materials: When you first use the TaylorMade Golf 2017™ you'll realize that the bag is made of higher-quality materials than what you get with other bags around the same price point.
What's not to like about the TaylorMade Golf 2017 TM
There are a few concerns to take into consideration with this golf bag:
- Poorly placed club separation: The 5-way organization for your clubs is located at the top of the bag, which can make it tough to untangle the bottom of your clubs when needed.
- Limited small storage pockets: In comparison to other carry bags on the market. The TaylorMade Golf 2017™ has a limited number of storage pockets for smaller items. This will allow you to keep your tees and golf balls organized
- Low-sitting bag stand: Although the stand is advanced with its anti-split technology. It sits low to the ground which takes away from its sturdiness.
2. Most Lightweight Golf Bag - Knight Orlimar Pitch and Putt
For players who are tired of carrying a heavy bag around the course the Knight Orlimar Pitch and Putt is a great option to have. Designed for everyday use without all the additional features that you would get with more bulky bags. It’s the ideal partner for an easy round of golf on a great afternoon.
There are a few great things you’re sure to appreciate about the Knight Orlimar Pitch and Putt including:
- 2-compartment top: The top of this golf bag is separated into two compartments helping you to keep your clubs easily separated.
- Ultra-lightweight: In comparison to traditional lightweight bags, this product offers an even easier carrying experience. Ideal for all players.
- Added accessory pocket: For even more storage aside from the main compartment, you will surely use the added accessory pocket for your golf balls, tees, and shoes.
- Carry handle: Instead of traditional shoulder straps that can cause strain and fatigue. The durable carry handle is perfect for grabbing your bag and getting to your next hole in a matter of minutes.
What's to like about the Knight Orlimar Pitch and Putt
When you first use the Knight Orlimar Pitch and Putt, there are a few things that you’ll notice and love:
- Great for organizing: If you’re the type of player who has the tendency to carry too many things with you? The Knight Orlimar Pitch and Putt doesn’t have an array of storage pockets, which encourages you to bring only what you really need.
- Holds a reasonable number of clubs: You will easily be able to carry up to eight clubs in this bag.
- Versatile Design: No matter if you’re heading to the driving range or for a full round of golf. The Knight Orlimar Pitch and Putt is versatile enough that it works for all purposes.
What's not to like about the Knight Orlimar Pitch and Putt
There are a couple of things to consider prior to buying the Knight Orlimar Pitch and Putt:
- Low-quality materials: Over time, you’re going to notice some frays and holes in the bag with regular use.
- Too small for professionals: Professional players who use a lot of clubs will be better off opting for a bag that has the capability of holding more than eight clubs.
3. Best Golf Bag for Storage - Cleveland Golf CG
The Cleveland Golf CG is one of the best golf bags on the market for several reasons. Ranging from its professional appearance to its endless storage pockets and convenient accessories. If you’re looking for an all-in-one golf bag with more than enough room to keep your belongings, this is the right one for you.
The main features and highlights of the Cleveland Golf CG include:
- 14-way divider: With the help of the divider, you will be able to neatly store up to 14 clubs in their own separate compartments. Making it easy to prevent scratches and dents in your clubs while traveling.
- 3-way grab handle: The handle that is attached to the Cleveland Golf CG is specially molded. You can carry your bag in three different ways giving you more options for the way you transport your clubs. Apart from the three-way grab handle, this bag is equipped with dual-wide straps.
- Rangefinder storage pocket: If using a rangefinder is part of your game? There is a convenient and easy-to-reach storage pocket for your high-tech accessories.
- Plenty of pockets: Aside from the rangefinder storage pocket, you will also have 6 additional zippered pockets, a fleece-lined valuables pocket and an insulated cooler pocket.
- Additional accessories: There are also plenty of other accessories you’re sure to use such as the divot tool holder, tee holder, pen holder and the carabiner clip for a towel.
What's to like about the Cleveland Golf CG
Some of the biggest advantages of the Cleveland Golf CG include:
- Comfortable backpack straps: Instead of a traditional single strap, which can be hard to carry. The Cleveland Golf CG is equipped with dual straps, allowing you to carry it like a backpack with its weight evenly distributed
- Fits all sizes of clubs: No matter if you’re working with short or long clubs, you’ll find that this bag is designed to hold everything perfectly.
- Great to use in all weather: Regardless if you’re playing on a bright sunny day or if it starts to rain. The Cleveland Golf CG is ideal for all types of weather because it comes with a rain cover.
What's not to like about the Cleveland Golf CG
There are a couple of disadvantages to the Cleveland Golf CG:
- Top storage slots: Similar to most bags with dividers, the storage slots in the Cleveland Golf CG are only on the top which makes it easy for your clubs to get tangled at the bottom.
- Poor zipper construction: Unfortunately, the zippers on all the pockets are constructed with low-quality materials. With improper use they can break off compromising storage in the bag.
4. Most Durable Golf Bag - Founders Club Premium Cart Bag
As the perfect choice for golfers who play the game as more of a sport than a recreational activity. The Founders Club Premium Cart Bag has everything that you may need and it also boasts a very hefty design. With plenty of storage pockets and a versatile organizer along with many other rugged features. It’s certainly designed to last throughout the years.
Purchasing the Founders Club Premium Cart Bag is a great choice because of the following features:
- 14-way, anti-rattle slots: Designed to fit at the top of the bag. The 14-way anti-rattle slots offer specialized components specially designed to fit specific clubs and prevent them from shifting while traveling.
- Many storage compartments: The Founders Club Premium Cart Bag sports 10 zippered pockets as well as two mesh pockets. You certainly won’t run out of storage space. You also have access to a lined pocket for all your valuables as well as a tee and golf ball pocket
- Reinforced base: To protect all your clubs, you can rely on this bag’s reinforced base. It's safe to put it on any type of terrain without tearing the material
- Multiple carrying options: The Founders Club Premium Cart Bag will allow you to carry the bag with the front handle or you can use the padded carry strap, depending on your preference.
- Accessory holders: With the glove holder and string nylon loop you can have easy access to anything from towels to brushes.
What's to like about the Founders Club Premium Cart Bag
There are many things you’ll like about the Founders Club Premium Cart Bag:
- Grips stay separated: Compared to other top-organized golf bags, the slots for the clubs are perfectly spaced, so the grips will not get tangled.
- Easily fits in carts: Whether you prefer using a push cart or golf cart, you can guarantee that the Founders Club Premium Cart Bag will fit easily, making it easier to transport from one hole to the next.
- Clubs don’t rattle: As advertised, when you have your clubs stored in the right compartments, they won’t rattle. Unlike other bags where they bang against one another.
What's not to like about the Founders Club Premium Cart Bag
Some of the things to think about before buying the Founders Club Premium Cart Bag include:
- Designed only for right-handed clubs: As the storage slots are pre-designed for specific clubs, the bag is clearly made for right-handed clubs.
- Oversized clubs will not fit: If you play with customized clubs, the organizational slots in this bag may not work.
5. Best Golf Bag Package for Women - Wilson Ultra Women’s Club Set with Bag
What makes the Wilson Ultra Women’s Club Set unique compared to the other bags on this list is that it’s obviously designed for women’s clubs. It also comes with all the clubs you’ll need for a regular round of golf. If you’re looking for an all-in-one solution, this kit is a phenomenal choice.
Some of the most notable highlights of the Wilson Ultra Women’s Club Set with Bag include:
- Included headcovers: To protect the heads of your clubs, you’ll receive headcovers with your order, which are also perfect when storing your clubs during the off-season.
- Fully equipped: You won’t have to worry about buying additional clubs since this package comes with a driver, fairway wood, four hybrid, six to nine irons, and a mallet putter.
- Lightweight design: To make carrying your new golf bag from one location to another easier. Its overall lightweight design is one of the best choices for women with bad backs or who are prone to experiencing fatigue and muscle soreness.
- Two storage pockets: You’ll also have the ability to use two separate storage pockets. Giving you more than enough space to store all your important golf gear.
What's to like about the Wilson Ultra Women’s Club Set with Bag
There’s plenty to appreciate about the Wilson Ultra Women’s Club Set:
- Versatile all-in-one set: Instead of having to buy clubs and a bag from a sports store. Everything you need comes with your order and it is ready to use right out of the box.
- Perfectly weighted clubs: You’ll appreciate how the clubs feel in your hands as they seem to be weighted perfectly for teens and adults alike.
- Perfect for storage: If you’re not interested in a slew of pockets to keep a list of belongings. You’ll love the two pockets this bag has as they’re large enough for anything, ranging from an extra pair of clothes to snacks.
What's not to like about the Wilson Ultra Women’s Club Set with Bag
A couple of problems you may experience with the Wilson Ultra Women’s Club Set with Bag include:
- Does not have a stand: Unfortunately, this golf bag does not come with a stand which makes it slightly awkward to keep upright course side.
- Awkward to carry: The included shoulder strap is awkwardly placed. It can make the bag tough to carry over your shoulder for an extended period.
When it comes to searching for the perfect golf bag, the last thing you’ll want to do is settle for one you don’t truly like simply because there are too many options. With the help of this buyers’ guide you’ll have a better idea of what to look for in the perfect golf bag.
Type of Golf Bags
The first thing you’ll notice when you start shopping for a golf bag is that there are several types to choose from. However, there are three that are the most popular. Depending on your personal preference, you may prefer one over the other but they each have their own advantages and disadvantages.
- Cart bags: Cart bags are designed to fit easily in the back of golf or push carts. In most cases they can also be comfortably carried on your back. They will have a sufficient amount of storage space and they’ll be relatively lightweight. Though not as lightweight as carry bags
- Carry bags: Carry bags are specifically made to be as lightweight as possible while still giving you more than enough space for the clubs you need. In most cases, you’re not going to find a carry bag with 14 club slots. More often, you’ll be able to store up to 10 clubs at a time. These golf bags are typically equipped with padded shoulder straps which make it easier to carry your equipment around the course
- Staff bags: As the top-tier type of golf bag, staff bags are very heavy and extremely hefty, which also give them the greatest durability of all golf bags. Professional players are usually the target audience for staff bags. You can also benefit from their ample storage, high-tech accessories and luxurious appearance.
Straps and Handles
Other features that you should look for when you start shopping for a golf bag are straps and handles. They’ll determine how easy your bag will be to carry. Unfortunately, you can have the most stunning golf bag on the market. With poor handles and straps, you won’t be using it as often as you think.
- Single strap: Single-strap bags are great for people who prefer to carry their golf bags over one shoulder. You’re going to need to take more time to make sure you organize your clubs so that the bag sits comfortably on your shoulder.
- Dual strap: Dual-strap bags are great for players who want to wear their clubs on their back, similar to how a backpack works. The two straps help distribute the weight evenly across your entire body, which can help eliminate fatigue.
- Carrying handles: Most golf bags are also equipped with carrying handles. This gives you the ability to manually carry your bag from one hole to another, the perfect option for short courses.
Pockets are something that many players don’t think about when they start shopping for a golf bag. They can easily become the most useful thing to have at your disposal. There are numerous items you’ll be carrying with you on the green. As a result, you’re going to need to put all of them in your bag. Some of the most frequently added pockets on golf bags include:
- Valuable's pocket: Typically lined in some type of plush material to protect electronics and valuables. These pockets give you a safe and secure place to store watches, keys, jewelry and even your smartphone.
- Garment pocket: Designed for an extra pair of clothes, towels, or even street shoes. Garment pockets are typically larger in size and offer space for keeping clothes.
- Zippered pockets: Zippered pockets are incredibly common as they give a place to secure golf balls, tees and more that could slip out.
The importance of dividers cannot be emphasized enough. Especially as you’ve likely invested a lot of money into the clubs that you carry with you. Dividers are designed to separate your clubs while traveling. Protecting them from scratches and chips from rattling around and banging against each other.
In most cases, dividers will be located at the top of the golf bag, which can make it difficult to protect the grips. With the right golf bag, you’ll not only be able to keep the heads of your clubs separated but the grips as well.
The weight of your chosen golf bag is all dependent on how you intend on using it. For example, if you want to carry your bag? You’re going to want to choose a design that is lighter in weight than the rest. In most cases, choosing a carry bag is best for someone who wants to transport their clubs from one spot to another manually. Cart bags are perfect for people who typically use golf or push carts. Staff bags are recommended for those who have a caddy.
Best Golf Bags F.A.Q.
How to set up a golf bag?
Setting up a golf bag is simple enough if you follow one simple tip: Do not bring more than you need. It’s important to remember that there are certain things you’ll need. A towel and gloves are needed but there’s no need to bring three towels or three pairs of gloves.
Setting up your golf bag is entirely based around the items that you think you’re going to need. It’s always best to keep smaller components organized in zippered pockets. Your clothing in garment pockets and your clubs properly separated and stored safely.
How to carry a golf bag?
Carrying a golf bag is similar to carrying a heavy box from one place to another, it takes a little bit of practice and know-how. The most important thing to remember is that you want to put the majority of the weight on your legs, rather than your back. Also, ensure that you organize your clubs properly so that the weight is evenly distributed.
How to organize golf clubs in bags?
When you start organizing your golf clubs in your bag you'll want to think about what clubs you use the most as well as what clubs are the heaviest. The heavier clubs should be placed in the compartments that are closest to the shoulder straps.
It’s also important to put your longer clubs in the middle compartments and the shorter clubs in the remaining sections. Ensuring the shorter clubs aren’t blocked by the longer ones. At the end of the day, the more you play and carry your clubs. The easier it’s going to be to figure out which clubs belong in specific compartments.
How to choose a golf bag?
It can be easy to get swept away with aesthetics when you’re choosing a golf bag. The most important thing is whether it will easily accommodate all the clubs you typically use. For example, if you only use six to eight clubs. There’s no need to invest in a staff bag, as they are designed to fit 14.
How to clean golf bags?
Cleaning your golf bag will depend on the type of material it is made of. More high-end bags are going to need special care, such as leather cleaners to keep the materials in pristine condition.
The easiest way to clean your golf bag is to use warm water and a mild detergent with the help of a soft sponge or cloth. First, wipe away any loose debris, then focus on deeper stains that need to be cleaned. Once the stains have been removed, you can give the entire bag a wipe. Finishing your clean with a soft and dry cloth.
When it comes to buying the best golf bag for everyday or weekend use, we would recommend the Founders Club Premium Cart Bag. It offers the most protection, a substantial amount of storage and high-quality materials that you aren’t likely to find elsewhere.
What makes the Founders Club Premium Cart Bag unique is the fact that its 14-way anti-rattle slots do exactly as they are advertised. Which is helping to keep your clubs in the best condition possible. When compared to other golf bags, you won’t have to worry about the grips twisting around one another and being damaged if you leave your clubs in the back of your car.
You’ll also appreciate the feeling of the high-quality materials used on the Founders Club Premium Cart Bag. Which gives it a weighted and luxurious appearance. Even though the bag is designed to give you ease of use like other cart bags, it boasts the luxury of a staff bag.
Above all else, the Founders Club Premium Cart Bag is easy to place in the back of your golf cart or push cart. Giving you the easiest mode of transportation. You won’t have to worry about carrying the bag or leaving it in the hands of a caddy, as it’s easy for you to carry along.
With numerous storage options, specialty pockets and a wide variety of compartments to keep 14 clubs in their best condition. The Founders Club Premium Cart Bag is surely the best golf bag on the market.